Natural pest control alternative for Tampa Bay
Offering 25% off annual pest control services for first responders, doctors and nurses - call 727-895-8082
Are you concerned with the amount of pesticides used in your home and around your family? We are too!
All pesticides are poisons. But there are ways to control pests without putting you and your loved ones at risk.
Protect your family from bugs and poison - the "safe way".
We've been serving the Tampa Bay area for 30 years.
About our pest services business
We're based in St. Petersburg, Florida and serve both residential and business customers in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
We are an active member of the National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides and The Bio-Integral Resource Center.
How we do pest control safely
Nature's Safeway uses safe tactics to control pests in and around your house.
- We specialize in the use of borates, naturally occurring minerals endorsed by the EPA.
- We use food-grade diatomaceous earth and botanical extracts.
- We use mostly baits and dry products in focused areas only -- instead of bombs, fogs, aerosols and sprays that other companies apply in a broadcast fashion.
- We use granules and gels for bait, which won't off-gas into the air we breathe.
- We provide crack and crevice treatments rather than broadcast chemical sprays.
Our philosophy is: Less is better.
With an understanding of the species of pest - where it likes to go, how it moves, what it likes to eat, and how it communicates with its colony, for example - our treatments can be very specific.
Pests don't want to venture out into the open if they can help it - so why spray excessively in these areas? Bugs prefer to go under or into something -- and we know how to find those cracks and crevices!
Many pesticides can cause immediate health problems if you accidentally breathe them in, get them on your skin, or eat them. These acute effects can aggravate pre-existing allergies or asthma, and can result in rashes, difficulty breathing, or even coma.
Some pesticide exposures are also linked to serious problems which may not develop for weeks, months or even years.
These can include:
- reproductive problems (such as birth defects and infertility)
- effects on chromosomes and DNA
- cancer (including occupational cancers, childhood leukemia and brain cancer)
- neurological disorders
- damage to the liver, kidneys and other organs
- impacts on the body's ability to fight diseases
And other pesticide threats are just now coming to light. Scientists, for example, have just begun to study the effects pesticides can have on hormones (known as "endocrine disruption").
What Are Pesticides?
Pesticides are chemical poisons designed to kill or repel different kinds of pests. For example:
- insecticides kill ants, cockroaches, fleas or other insects
- herbicides kill weeds
- rodenticides kill mice and rats
- fungicides kill fungus, mildew and plant diseases
Pesticides are sold in many different forms, including weed-killing sprays, aerosol bug sprays, flea "bombs", powders and collars, shampoos for head lice, and insect-repelling lotions.
Are they safe? No.
It is easy to assume that a pesticide sold in your local supermarket or hardware store must be fairly harmless. But this isn't the case.
It is actually illegal to advertise any pesticide as safe - even if used as directed. Pesticides are specifically designed to poison living creatures, ones whose basic biology is often strikingly similar to our own.
This puts people at risk as well as pests.
Pesticides known to cause cancer - or suspected to cause birth defects - are still sold and used in the USA. Unfortunately, pesticide labels fail to warn parents of potential risks the way that cigarette packs or beer bottles now do.
Call 727-895-8082 to get a quote or to discuss our natural pest control services. You can also email us at email@example.com for general questions but please note accurate quotes will require a phone call.